Sabritas Gourmet - Corte Grueso - Chile Pasilla al Vino Tinto (Mex)

Prior to visiting Argentina, the bulk of the wine I had ever consumed was contained by a bag or box. I regularly enjoyed some of Australia's finest cask wine and only ever of the white variety. However, my recent trip through Argentina and Chile opened my eyes to the wonders of Chilean Red Wine. Never in my life have I ever had a 'go to' type of wine. All of that has changed and Cabernet Sauvignon is now a friend, like an old geography teacher or former mentor.

When I stumbled upon this pack of crisps in a Mexican supermarket, I thought this would be only fitting, given my newfound adoration for inedible pressed grapes. So I decided to fire up the old beast again - The Crisp Connoisseur.

Sabritas have made a very strange flavoured crisp, likened more to a wine of pure witchcraft/wet gravel Red bordeaux than a fruity cab sav. The bag itself reads 'Corte Mas Grueso' which means thicker cut. Somewhere between a thin cut crisp and cauldron cooked. The flavour is interesting and like nothing I have ever tried before. You would probably find an accurate description of this flavour somewhere between 'Dehydrated Argentinian Steak smoothie' and 'Chipotle Wine'. I did not find myself compelled to finish of the packet which does not bode well for the risky variety. However, the rat that ransacked my bag in the night appears to have enjoyed them.

I've got the tshirt, I can tell the story so I won't be buying these again. ⋆

No comments:

Post a Comment