Smith’s Limited Edition Pizza (Aus)

I have been angry with pizza recently. Last night I was perusing the frozen goods section in the freezer isle of my local Coles, attempting to scratch up a meal for the night. I managed to settle on the idea of pizza for the night and I immediately began scanning for the cheapest option available. To my disbelief, the cheapest ‘large’ pizza I could find was $7.00! My mind began ticking over with the equations that put effort, quality, taste and price in a heated altercation. To put things in to perspective for those you unaware, you can buy a large pizza at Domino’s for $5.50. It may not be a gourmet wood fire pizza with buffalo mozzarella but at $5.50, what we’re you expecting! Then I decided, just for a laugh, to check out what a plain pizza base might set me back. $4! By the time I top it with bocconcini, tomato paste, maybe some Kalamata olives and halved artichoke hearts, I may as well have booked a ticket to Napoli! With that said, a bag of Smith’s Limited Edition Pizza come in at a fraction of the price. Brought out just in time for the footy finals, I thought I better get a review in, just in case any of you punters were thinking about the same purchase for any finals parties this weekend. As usual, Smiths produce big, crunchy, quality, crinkle cut crisps. I suppose the emphasis is on the flavour in this case. Upon first bite I get a flavour similar to that of a Pizza Shape! Which I think is a good flavour to aim for, given the success of the Pizza Shape over the years. Pizza must be a difficult taste to recreate given that the flavour of a pizza can vary so much. The major folly of any crisp brand attempting the pizza flavour is over seasoning, creating an almost sickening packet of crisps. In this case I think Smiths have been careful not to over do it. I guess the best thing you can say about Smith’s Limited Edition Pizza is they weren’t not disappointing. Not nearly as disappointing as the price of pizzas you have to make yourself these days. As for their potential to improve your footy skills, despite claiming to the official chip of the AFL, I didn’t notice any increased willingness to assault anyone in a nightclub or proposition my team mates wife. ⋆⋆½

No comments:

Post a Comment