Thomas Chipman - Parsnip Chips (Aus)



You may already be aware that I enjoy crisps. Perhaps you could say that I enjoy crisps too much. I have been known to devour entire 250gm packets of crisps without lifting so much as an eye lid. When I purchased Thomas Chipman’s take on the humble Parsnip crisp, I was filled with anticipation because my last brush with Parsnip crisps remains so vivid in my memory. If you have already read my post on Terra - Zesty Tomato Exotic Vegetable Chips you would know how thrilled I was with their crispy root vegetable combination and I can assure you that Terra’s parsnip crisps were the stand out performer! Unfortunately, for old mate Chipman this is not the case. Upon first glance into the open packet, one could easily be convinced that Thomas Chipman had gathered up some dry, old leaves from the garden and packaged them up. Upon first bite the disappointment overwhelming! They are about as crunchy as the disregarded last end slice of bread in a poorly sealed bag. They look and taste like they have been over-cooked or even burnt! Scorched like the simoom of the Sahara desert. Of course, flavour can always be redeemed with ample application of seasoning but, it is with much sorrow that I have to say that once again, this is not the case. In fact, the salt is so scarcely sprinkled on the parsnip crisps that I can only assume that Thomas Chipman does not have any direct access to a reasonable supply of salt and he is forced to fill his pockets with those tiny sachets of salt every time he visits McDonalds. I would love to finish this review with some kind of redeeming factor for Thomas Chipman Parsnip chips, but any positive remark I could make would be pure lies. Even I could not bring myself to bottom of this packet. ⋆

2 comments:

  1. The packet screams "original recipe". How did they survive so long? They must be the walking dead

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have a good corn chip range. Great for nachos. Perhaps keeping them afloat.

    ReplyDelete