Real Handcooked - Jalapeno Pepper (UK)

While my good friend Jared, was still in London. I decided to take him out to Greenwich, to visit the Meantime Brewery Bar. If I were to become a Beer Connoisseur, Meantime Lagers and Ale's would come back with a 5 Star rating of their own. London's finest Brewery and Bar, itself is a fine spot to enjoy a cold pint in the sun. Standing at the bar I just happened to glance over and see, with all it's glory, my white whale, a selection of Real Handcooked crisps! To say I was excited was an understatement. The planets had aligned, I was drinking Meantime Pale Ale, eating Real Handcooked crisps. It was better than cocaine and sex! In saying this, I do have the option of Real Handcooked Sweet Chili in the vending machine at work, which are the best Sweet Chili crisps I had found. However, Jalapeno Pepper?! These are not easy to find! Real Handcooked make 'kettle' style crisps, think cut with a superb crunch! They leave the skin on the potatoes so it gives them a somewhat organic feel. The Jalapeno flavour is strong. Strong enough to test the chili novice yet gentle enough to avoid a burning ring hole the next day. I love a spicy crisp so thus far I have never really been satisfied but the warm burn in the back of the throat after a few quick handfuls was a welcome sensation. Reminded me of the old Chilli Kettle chips days, back in Australia. Made of natural flavour and spices Real has really thrown down the gauntlet to the other crisps manufacturers! A triumphant ⋆⋆⋆⋆

No comments:

Post a Comment