Zweifel Secrets - Jamaica Hot Chips (Swiss)

While on location in Berlin, I happened to stumble upon these crisps from Swiss manufacturer Zweifel. Jamaica Hot Chips are from their Secrets range. They have made a decent crisp however, for the average punter, the name could potentially be quite misleading. As I have done in the passed, I will spare you the confusion by letting you know that these are not hot chips in the traditional sense. They are in fact crisps that are hot and spicy like a Jamaican stripper replacing the head gasket on her 58'Buick Special in the relentless Caribbean sun. Jamaica Hot Chips are a decently thick crinkle cut crisp, with a peculiar flavour which grows on you through out the packet, but never too overwhelming. The most important factor, unlike some previous brands attempts, Zweifel have actually created a spicy crisp deserving the label of 'Hot'. After inhaling a quick few mouthfuls I've received the warm chili buzz I enjoy so much. Not the crunchiest crisp I have ever tried but I would not hold this against them. Overall I believe Zweifel have done very well. If I hadn't just reviewed Real Handcooked Jalapeno I would say Jamaica Hot Chips are the best chili crisps I have tried in Europe! ⋆⋆⋆⋆

1 comment:

  1. I think the sweet starchy aftertaste really ruins what could've been pretty good (actually hot) chips.

    ReplyDelete