Walkers Mystery Flavour Variety (UK)

Being the Crisp Connoisseur I am constantly critiquing crisps but on this occasion I thought it was about time for the crisps to test me.  I decided to take up the challenge and make my guess at Walkers new Mystery variety. 

C. As Always Walkers have created a good crisp. A nice crunch and and in interesting flavour. In Mystery crisp C, I am detecting a hint of chicken and possibly sun-dried tomato. This sounds a like a very unlikely combo so I am just admitting defeat on this one and moving to the next pack.

B. Once again a good textured thin crisp. In this mystery bag I am sensing a initial smoothness followed by a light tang, much like finding a hidden Bob Marley track on the end of a K.D. Lang LP. The smoothness I believe would be down to a white cheese, topped with a delicate portion of roasted capsicum or pepper. My guess, Roasted pepper and Ricotta with a hint of Coriander and Lime.

A. Same textured crisp as the other two. Though this crisp is definitely the heavier, red meat type. A subtle kick, like that of a midget testing a fallen Bee's nest for inhabitants, could be down to an onion in the mix. Perhaps of the Spanish variety, but A full flavour like that of a marinated piece of animal carcase. My guess, Beef Shortribs in a Spicy Spanish Onion Braise.

All in all, credible crisps, but nothing outstanding. The positives in each case owe a lot to texture and crunch which walkers have down to a T. I give the Whole venture 

No comments:

Post a Comment