John & John – Sea Salt & Black Pepper (UK)



Ever since my first Sea salt & Black pepper crisps experience, I have been quite partial to the lesser known and lesser exposed flavour. Luckily for me, on my housemate’s recent trip to Van Diemen's Land, he was kind enough to purchased me a packet of John & John – Sea salt & Black pepper. As I stated in my previous blog post, it is just this kind of independent crisp manufacturers that I am focusing on, so you can imagine my excitement when he handed me this elegant packet. Not to mention that John & John like to make cauldron cooked, skin on crisps – my favourite. Each crisp seems to be of different thickness which further enhances the ‘handmade’ feel. The packet is also full of folded crisps with more folds than an origami convention. And we all know folded crisps are the most satisfying to bite down on. John & John have also been careful not to make the crisps too peppery, which would be an easy trap to fall into. However, peppery enough to know it’s there; just like Demi Moore knew Patrick Swayze was there while she turned that alarmingly phallic clay pot. I don’t know who John or John is, or how they got so wise but they know how to make a good crisp. ⋆⋆⋆⋆

No comments:

Post a Comment